Learning Disabilities and Music Therapy
It is a known fact that over 1.5 Million people in the U.K currently live with a learning disability. There are huge challenges facing this subject in terms of integration, reducing stigma and perhaps most importantly person centered support. Music Therapy is one of many avenues of support for individuals of any age living with this type of condition and has been proven to yield positive results in many areas such as language, emotional, and social development.
EXAMPLES OF POTENTIAL CLINICAL AIMS
- Developing language skills
- Improving relationships and awareness of others
- Emotional exploration and expression
- Promoting/Increasing independant thinking
- Increasing confidence and social skills
PLACES/SETTINGS THAT BENEFIT FROM MUSIC THERAPY
- Hospital Wards
- Care homes for the elderly
- Schools, mainstream/specialist
- Private healthcare settings for Physical/Learning disability
- Private homes
- Council run support settings
We service clients across the North West of England and have bases in the City of Liverpool and the Wirral. If you have an enquiry, please feel free to contact us from the details below.