Bespoke training and workshops to suit your needs
Supporting Carers, Support workers and Healthcare Professionals
THIS COURSE WILL NOT GIVE YOU A CERTIFIED MUSIC THERAPIST QUALIFICATION.
This is not a music therapy training program, in order to train as a music therapist you are required by law to register with the HCPC of which the minimum requirement is a MSc or MA level of education relevant to music therapy.
- Certificate awarded upon completion to show employers your new skills
- Course led by certified Music Therapy practitioner with over 10 years’ experience in the field
- Career advice can be given upon completion
- 3 levels of course available.
- 1 day introductory course/lecture
- 2 day course – including practical learning group participation
- 3 day course – Includes practical supervised support in own place of work
- Module 1: A history of Music Therapy and how music is used in modern day medicine.
- Module 2: Creating the right therapeutic environment for your client.
- Module 3: Focusing on facilitation, not performance.
- Module 4: Recognising the needs of your client and understanding your limitations.
- Module 5: Defining aims and outcome measures.
- Module 6: Building own confidence in leading music based activities.
- Module 7: Building activities around your client to benefit their individual needs.
Music Based Activities coordinator Course
Our Musical Based Activities course or MBA for short is supplementary training for existing activity coordinators, support workers, SEN teachers, and carers to enable them to understand the powerful impact music can have on a client living with additional needs.
Music Therapy has been around for over 50 years and is used today to support many different pathologies. Music is a strong tool for communication especially when a person is nonverbal or has trouble communicating through speech. Participating in music making builds confidence in clients and there is a wealth of positive evidence supporting Music Therapy and music based activities.
So what happens when the Music Therapist leaves for the day? Our MBA course is aimed at people working within the care or special education sector giving them a clear understanding of what benefits music can have on a client and empowering them to create their own outcome led musical based activities.
- Expert instructor led training – Our Director Greg Hanford has over 10 years’ experience in the field of Music Therapy working with clients living with varying conditions such as Learning or physical disability, dementia, mental health challenges and ASD.
- Visual demonstrations and multimedia presentations – Our MBA course includes instructor-led demonstrations and role play along with visual presentations of Music Therapy at work.
- Practical work implemented in own place of work supervised by the course leader – Our MBA course focuses on real word scenarios and skill-set development.
Our courses can be tailor made to fit the needs of your learners.
Please contact us at email@example.com for pricing and scheduling information.
“I have found the training programme really interesting and have used this with my service users when Greg hasn’t been in my place of work.”
“Over a period of weeks Greg helped me to enhance and hone in on my musical skills, ideal for use with service users of many different abilities. The course focussed on outcomes for a service user and how we might monitor positive changes for them and identify what they enjoy about listening and playing music.”
“Greg helped staff of a wide range of musical abilities, and helped break down the barriers for people who were at first not even confident to pick up a musical instrument. By the end of the course staff felt confident to sit and play original pieces of music and to express themselves through the instruments they had be it big or small.”
We service clients across the North West of England and have bases in the City of Liverpool and the Wirral. If you have an enquiry, please feel free to contact us from the details below.
Liverpool, Wirral, Merseyside
0151 216 4407