Music Based Activity Training -bespoke workshops to suit your needs
Development and training for schools, carers, support workers and healthcare professionals
THIS COURSE WILL NOT GIVE YOU A CERTIFIED MUSIC THERAPIST QUALIFICATION.
This is not a music therapy training program, in order to train as a music therapist you are required by law to register with the HCPC of which the minimum requirement is a MSc or MA level of education relevant to music therapy.
- Completion certificate awarded upon completion.
- Course led by a certified Music Therapy practitioner with over 10 years’ experience.
- Career advice offered upon completion.
- 3 levels of course available.
- 1 day introductory course/lecture
- 2 day course – including practical learning group participation
- 3 day course – Includes practical supervised support in own place of work
- Module 1: A history of Music Therapy and how music is used in modern day medicine.
- Module 2: Creating the right therapeutic environment for your client.
- Module 3: Focusing on facilitation, not performance.
- Module 4: Recognising the needs of your client and understanding limitations.
- Module 5: Defining aims and outcome measures.
- Module 6: Building own confidence in leading music based activities.
- Module 7: Building activities around your client to support individual needs.
Music Based Activities training
Our Musical Based Activities (MBA) training is supplementary training for existing activity coordinators, support workers, SEN teachers/assistants, and carers enabling them to understand the powerful impact music can have.
Music Therapy has existed for 50 years and is used to support many different pathologies. Music is a strong tool for communication, especially when a person is nonverbal or has trouble communicating through speech. Participating in music making builds confidence and there is a wealth of positive evidence supporting Music Therapy and music based activities.
Our MBA course is aimed at people working within the care or special education sector giving them a clear understanding of what benefits music can have on a client and empowering them to create their own outcome led musical based activities.
- Expert instructor led training – Our Director Greg Hanford has over 10 years’ experience in the field of Music Therapy working with clients living with varying conditions such as Learning or physical disability, dementia, mental health challenges and ASD.
- Visual demonstrations and multimedia presentations – Our MBA course includes demonstrations and role play along with visual presentations of Music Therapy at work.
- Practical work implemented in own place of work supervised by the course leader – Our MBA course focuses on real word scenarios and skill-set development.
Our courses can be tailor made to fit the needs of your learners.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and scheduling information.
“The training programme was really interesting and at a pace that both my colleagues and I could easily follow. What I have learnt has massively supported the service users between Music Therapy sessions.”
“Over a period of weeks Greg helped me to enhance and hone in on my musical skills. The course content is ideal for use with people of varying abilities. We focused on realistic outcomes, how to monitor positive changes and identify what service users enjoy about listening and playing music.”
“Greg helped staff possessing varying musical abilities, and helped break down the barriers for people who were at first not even confident to pick up a musical instrument. By the end of the course staff felt confident to sit and play original pieces of music and to express themselves through a wide range of instruments.”